Saturday, December 12, 2015

A Peace Offering to my Vegetarian Friends

Sorry about the themes this week. Really.  I don't know what got into me.  Instead of happy holiday posts you got stuff about rendering carcasses, using beetles to clean skeletons, and the sad demise of faithful pets.

If folks generally, and my meat averse friends specifically, want to pummel me with over ripe produce, well I found just the thing down at the local market:


I have tried your patience enough this week so I won't go into the etymology of this name, it is at best obscure.  And if you were feeling a bit Latin as you hefted one of these to chuck in my general direction you might be pleased to know that the scientific name for them is Citrus Maxima.


1 comment:

mooseandhobbes said...

Mmm, I love pomelos, but they take a heck of a lot of peeling :D